I love books, I love to read and I love to talk about what I’ve read.  But I must confess I tend to gravitate toward the same types of books.  I read a lot of thrillers ie Stephen King, Gillian Flynn and Joe Hill and I read a lot of YA novels, my favorite being John Green.  If you have not read An Abundance of Katherines stop what you are doing pick up that book and read it!  My favorite book of all time is Wicked by Gregory Maguire.  Do not say you have seen the play so you don’t need to read the book or I will be forced to throat punch you (not really but you’ll definitely get an ear full from me). 

This all started because I’m in an amazing book club with by best girls and we are all so very different that I am forced to stray from the norm and read something I would have never read.  Whether it be a period piece, a Christian novel or a self-help book I have loved exploring new book categories.  All this being said, I decided to do a 50 week book challenge this year to broaden my reading horizons (The list is below).  I thought I’d put all my thoughts out there so others can get an idea of what to read.  I’d love for you to do the challenge with me and tell me what books you chose and what you thought about your choices.  And if I’m the only one who ever reads this blog at least someone is reading it, right?  I’ll probably force my husband and besties to read it so there’s 4 people.  Dang I’m already so popular.

Comments